ANAK KULIM

5:05:00 PM

Phewwwww. Finally exam was over! Since my roommates are all going back their hometown after hectic weeks, I decided to join my cutie pies back to their hometown : Kulim. It's a town located on the southeast of Kedah, or more specifically, it's my second home :)  I didn't get to come here very often because I was probably busy doing my own stuffs or I'm just too lazy to get out of my bed during most of the weekends. You know right, university life is tiring... oh my thug life. Honestly, it's my second visit, like after two freaking years? HAHA Time flies! Felt like it was a month before. 

So this time, Steph brought me to Anak Kulim for lunch before I head to Eric Chou's fan meeting event in Simpang Empat with another friend. Unlike those hipster cafes, Anak Kulim is much more special, in terms of their menu and decorations. It is running by a family of three bro and sis, serving 家传菜 (food cooked according to family recipes). In their menu, you can probably find nasi lemak, lotus leaf rice, spaghetti, coffee or even cakes, very very Malaysian style. I'm sure there's something you like!


Green tea latte.

I'm always a big fan of green tea / matcha. If you asked me how was it, I'd say I prefer Tour Les Jours's, which is my all time favorite. This is not yucky, but lacks of smoothness and sweetness? idk... Anyways, I've enjoyed my ice chocolate very much although it's a rainy day (didn't get to take pic of it but it's just an ordinary ice chocolate).


 Lotus leaf rice. 

So far I've never seen lotus leaf rice in any menu of cafes around KL, Penang or SP area, but it's here! The odour was really nice and it tasted good too! It would be perfect if they add some chicken slice or char siew on the top :) 


Green curry rice.

Since I'm not a big fan of curry or spice, I've no idea why I ordered this. (probably because of the illusion of the picture on the menu lol.) Guess what?! This was surprisingly tasty and savory! No wonder it comes with a whole block of white rice lahhh. The aroma of spice was a little strong but I love the potato and chicken slice, they were cooked it in a ngam ngam way! Not too hard to chew and not too blend. Just perfect. The portion was scary, I can't even finish half of it...poor me. I don't waste food but both of us were really full, we just can't. :(


Bread dip with kaya.

When we're preparing to leave, Steph's friend, (one of the waiter) serve this to us. Both of us looked at him with a shocking face and he said this is for us. What? Free food?! *happiest moment in my life* Maybe it's a gift for Steph because they didn't meet for quite a long time. How sweet he is! (as sweet as the kaya hahahaha)

I would definitely come back again for their famous Black Forest chicken! Wait for me! 


66A, Jalan Raya, Kulim, Kedah.
 04-490 6148
 Mon : Rest day
Tues - Sat : 12pm - 8pm
Sun : 12pm - 6pm

You Might Also Like

0 comments